Overview

Home/Overview
Overview 2017-05-25T03:14:46+00:00

Free Reading Test

Have your child take our free reading assessment
(requires Adobe® Reader).

Download Free Test
LTK Reading Assessment for Dyslexia
Language-Tune-up-Kit-money-back-guarantee

The Language Tune-Up Kit (LTK®) interactive reading software helps develop reading skills using the Orton-Gillingham phonics method.

LTK provides comprehensive reports to help parents and teachers determine areas of weakness and student performance.

“I am amazed at how quickly our child has responded to the Language Tune-Up Kit. We have tried other
software and even expensive tutoring classes. None of them have helped as much as this program. We saw immediate progress and our child loves it!”

– Joyce Phillips, California

How the Language tune-Up Kit (LTK) Works

All instruction is provided by prerecorded human voice, so it’s just like working directly with a teacher.

LTK teaches students with dyslexia how to sound out letter combinations and make them into words. It does this through audio, visual and tactile-kinesthetic (learn by “doing”) exercises.

LTK lesson exercises teach skills in word building, audio recognition (identifying the sounds made by letter combinations), oral reading of words/sentences and stories (with questions), dictation (where the student types phrases/sentences provided by the program), quizzes and sight words (words that do not conform to phonetic spelling rules).

Why It Works to Students With Dyslexia

Repetition causes the brain to remember what is taught. Sequence of instruction ensures minimal confusion.

Multisensory interaction teaches to the student’s strengths while improving their weakest learning pathways.

It’s all Orton-Gillingham.

Our unique Dictation exercises do not exist in any other software available today!

Click here to learn more about our software for home and school use.

Download Brochure

After completing LTK’s 87 lessons, students with dyslexia can decode and read 90% of all words in the English language. The remaining 10% are words that do not follow word-building rules.

Watch an Overview about LTK

All versions provide instruction in both English and Spanish.